31 August 2009

Isn't there someone I can pay for this?!

I'm moving in 2 weeks and....

I hate moving.

Ok... so it's not the moving part that I hate, it's the packing. Oh the packing. It's so tedious. Ya gotta sit there and look at all the stuff you own and decide what box is it going in, can it really be packed away now, does it need bubble-wrap. OMG I love me some bubble-wrap... amazing stress reliever. *pop* *pop* Just amazing. I started packing back in May. DS was going to be staying in my apartment *gasp* since his lease was coming to an end and it just made more sense than anything else. I cleaned out my closet and rearranged my room and put a bunch of stuff in totes and boxes and the trash. My closet....that was a feat in itself. I wouldn't say that I'm a hoarder but I have a hard time getting rid of little things that essentially have no use but have a little bit of sentimental value. I have VIP lanyards from concerts, 'collectibles', band stickers. I'm never going to use this stuff but I still packed it away in a box so that, most likely, it will probably stay in a box in a new closet. Anywhore, I got a bunch of stuff cleared out so that DS had room for his stuff. Now is about the time that I need to focus on the rest of the apartment. I need to start packing away everything else. I keep procrastinating. I'll open a cabinet and think, "Well, no I can't pack that, I might need it before we move." "No, I can't pack that 'cause I don't know if that's even mine." (I have a roommate.) "I guess I could pack that." So I've ended up with about 3 boxes that are half filled because I get annoyed with the whole thing and just leave it to go do something else. Today I'm going to make an honest attempt to put a lot of stuff away. I scanned the apartment the last few days to see what I knew I could pack and I'm going to start with that.

I'm actually getting a little excited to move. I've lived in the same city for the last 18 years. I've lived in different places around the city but I've been here since I was a little kid. It'll be an interesting change of scenery. Of course I'm going to miss people but I keep saying, "Look guys, I'm not dying.. I'm just moving further away." Plus, I'm going to be driving up to my school (which is in the city I currently live in) twice a week for classes. It just made more sense to finish my last year of school here instead of transferring and it taking longer and costing more. I'm not looking forward to that drive but it's only for a few months. Even after that, it's only a few hours in the car to get to people that I'd want to see. (and UJ of COURSE you're included) I guess I'm just ready to try something new.

~xo~
CB

1 comment:

Robbers said...

I am the exact same way with little trinkets and stuff, although I never question if I should keep them. I have a gazillion boxes full of stuff. You know what I have? I even have all my notes from high school in one box. Now THAT is insane.